Monday, March 12, 2007

Friend or Foe

Is this world set up for forward thinkers? Or is it destined to stunt the growth of those who challenge mediocrity?

I can't tell you how many times I've faced the challenge of fitting in with the straight world. At work I bite my tongue and am forced to justify my opinions on a daily basis: it's a tough grind. When you go against the norm it's not a fun existance. People at my work just want things to go smooth; they want to avoid situations that make them think. What the fuck is the matter with thinking or feeling or having emotions? I want to gain emotional maturity through my life experience.

Ever since I left the studio to work at the Running Room I've had problems fitting in with the masses. I've learned to like them, befriend them and even bedded a few but in the end i just want to go back to my own: the weirdos.

3 comments:

ken said...

gabba gabba hey, rob. we accept you, one of us. we accept you, one of us. gabba gabba.

Terry Miles said...

Like the man says, "suck my freak."

Rose said...

go the freakos!

and yeah, what is this problem people have with emotions these days? It bugs me. People think if you exhibit too much emotion you might be a bit "unstable".