Wednesday, March 04, 2009

spring

Hey Y'all. Haven't been around the blog for a while. I'm not liking the full time job thing too much but who does. It's a job not a career. I have still been filming Everything Louder than Everything Else. That is going well. I am covering that in another blog though.

I do really like my new-ish place. It has a funny gas stove smell but that is about the only complaint. I've decked out the place to be a media haven. I now have three different boxes to play my audio visual material. Plus I've synced that shit up to my computer so I can watch my videos on my 50" inch plasma.

I had stated earlier that this was going to be my year of TV. That is true and I've already gotten through The entire Entourage series, up to date with Battlestar Galactica, just finished the second series of Heroes and I pvr Flight of the Concords and Eastbound and Down every week. I think i'll be ready for a Lar Von Trier, Louis Malle marathon soon if this keeps up. Speaking of which I saw two trailers for foreign films recently that look pretty great. One by the great Dardenne Bros. (Lorna's Silence)

and Kiyoshi Kurosawa's new one (Tokyo Sonata).

I've been playing some video games as well...




So, that's what I'm up to. There is some private relationship stuff that I'm really happy about but you'll have to ask me in person about that cause that shit ain't goin' public.

Out

3 comments:

ken said...

it's catch-up time, brother. let's talk this weekend. your place sounds great. curious about the japanese film. i have much better news for you here than i had before.

Rose said...

How's life, my friend? Hope all is well in your world...

Unknown said...

Hi, Rube Lubener. We saw "Up in the Air" last night. Probably too mainstream for you, but we liked it. I hope to get back to BC sometime in the next few months. Have a great Christmas.