Sunday, March 26, 2006

Brandon, Man



Man, little shit-splat towns like Brandon Rock. I went to the local Blockbuster Video to check out their previously viewed section hoping to find a few good deals.

I didn't realize I'd hit the motherload.

Va Savior - 2.99, YES, 2.99. I haven't seen it but it's suppose to be a Jacques Rivette classic.
Last Life in the Universe - 7.99 One of my recent favs
Goodbye Dragon Inn - 7.99 The incomparable Tsai Ming Liang
Incident at Loch Ness - 6.99 Werner Herzog + Faux Doc. I'm there.

Yes, readers, these are in Canadian funds and yes these smalltown folks know nothing about Cinema. I guess that's why they were sentenced here.

Actually, Brandon isn't as small as I thought it would be. It kinda reminds me of Lethbridge, Alberta. Still we drove around the entire town in about 15 minutes. We ate some food at a chain restaurant that played some amazingly bland neo-cuntry. The winter fair starts tomorrow so all hell will probably break loose. We will film some, have a meeting and come back a couple of seasoned fimmakers. This trip has been stressful but in a good way.

More as it happens

No comments: